Borrowed from Jeromy Anglim:
WinEdt 6.0 for LaTeX: Features, Configuration, and Resources
Features that I like
In particular there were several Features in WinEdt that I liked at first glance:
- Tree View can be customised
- Automatically display your current location in TOC
- Colour coding that aids usability
- Intelligent defaults
- Options to customise almost anything
- Easy configuration interface with MikTeX
- One click build process for LaTeX documents
- Intuitive default shortcut keys and intuitive alt menu letters
- Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down navigates between paragraphs.
The remainder of this post discusses: configuration, features, and set up ideas.
In the MathType
, choose Preferences→Cut and Copy Preferences: set MathML or text bullet, LaTeX 2.09 and later, uncheck all the check boxes.
We want to add two new buttons that run MathType
formula editor (supposed installed).
The first one, inserts $formula$
inline: it opens the MathType
, then the formula is manually written and copied to the clipboard
, and MathType
is closed; then the formula is inserted between the dollar signs.
The second one, inserts labeled and numbered formula in the equation environment.
WordWeb is one of the best free software thesauruses, that can be incorporated into WinEdt 6 editor. One can look for synonyms, or antonyms, as well as for wiki-like definitions. I propose to add a button for using WordWeb with a single click.
- Install the WordWeb.
- In Options→Options… menu, choose Menus and Toolbar…→Toolbars→Toolbar (2 Rows) in options panel (opens the file “Toolbar2.ini”).
- Choose an appropriate place for you button (e.g., after “BUTTON=”Paste””).
- Insert the next line: BUTTON=”Thesaurus“
- Right click on Toolbars→Toolbar (2 Rows), and Load script to update the buttons.