Borrowed from Jeromy Anglim:
Features that I like
In particular there were several Features in WinEdt that I liked at first glance:
- Tree View can be customised
- Automatically display your current location in TOC
- Colour coding that aids usability
- Intelligent defaults
- Options to customise almost anything
- Easy configuration interface with MikTeX
- One click build process for LaTeX documents
- Intuitive default shortcut keys and intuitive alt menu letters
- Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down navigates between paragraphs.
The remainder of this post discusses: configuration, features, and set up ideas.